Thank you for your interest in the British Business Group, Azerbaijan (BBG). Please see below some information, which we hope you will find to be of interest:
The BBG has been in existence since 1999 and has a membership of around 100 Members. It’s function is to create a business networking forum for British companies in Azerbaijan. There are two kinds of membership, Company and Individual. The former is open to British companies, or companies with some element of British ownership, British business activities, which are established and registered in Azerbaijan. Also, companies who’s business in Azerbaijan can assist or grow British businesses may become members. Individual members are British Citizens who work for companies, which have an establishment in Azerbaijan.
To join the BBG, the application procedure is as follows:
- Please complete the relevant application form according to the kind of membership most appropriate. Forms should be returned to the BBG Membership Secretary.
- Your application will then be submitted for review at the next BBG monthly committee meeting, which takes place at the beginning of each month.
- Once your application has been approved, a one-off joining fee and an annual subscription is payable. The joining fee is AZN 100 net and the current annual subscription fee is AZN 600 net. The membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Fees are the same for both Company and Individual membership. Payment method details will be forwarded as appropriate once your application has been processed.
The fees apply from the 1st of January 2020.
Membership of the BBG includes:
- Inclusion on our distribution lists and notification by e-mail of upcoming meetings, news and events.
- Attendance or sponsorship opportunities at BBG monthly meetings.
- An Additional Attendee can be added at AZN 400 per Attendee.
- Full voting rights at the AGM.
- Inclusion in the BBG website.
BBG Meetings and Events:
- A BBG meeting is held once a month in venues such as the great venues. Each meeting is sponsored by a member company, which may make a presentation to BBG members. The meeting is usually attended by the British Ambassador or an Embassy representative, who provides a useful update on current or topical affairs.
- The meeting is followed by dinner, which provides a good opportunity for networking and meeting other members. Non-members and husband / wives of members are extremely welcome to attend as guests of members and are currently charged 60 AZN per attendee to cover the cost of the buffet. There is no charge for the participating member representative. Meetings usually take place on the last Wednesday of every month. Attendance at meetings requires advance booking. Bookings may be confirmed simply by replying to the notification e-mail or via the website.
- Sponsorship of meetings can be arranged via the BBG Events Secretary should a member company wish to sponsor a monthly meeting, the Events Secretary will assist in prices and places. Currently the BBG has set the cost of sponsorship for the monthly events at AZN 2,950 + VAT for the current year, any costs incurred above this are paid for from BBG funds.
- The BBG also organises a variety of social events like the now legendary Christmas party, receptions for visiting British government representatives and joint venture events with the American Chamber of Commerce, German Business Association and the European Azerbaijan Society. Members are given priority for access to these events.
- On occasion, BBG members are invited to attend meetings held by the American Chamber of Commerce (Amcham) and/or government bodies if there is a mutually relevant topic or issue to be discussed and actioned.
We hope the above is of interest to you. Should you have any questions or require any further information, please contact me at any time. Contact details are as listed below.
We look forward to receiving your membership application which you can find at the top of this page